[mythtv-users] Xbox MythTv with SVN trunk?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jun 29 18:06:08 UTC 2007

On 29-Jun-07, at 12:59 PM, William Munson wrote:

> The biggest gotcha is that the xbox with myth is so slow its unusable.
> 10 seconds to change menus

You're doing something wrong if it's 10 seconds between menus. With
no tweaking at all I was seeing 1 or 2 second pauses while the
appropriate code was paged in and once you're in a menu, say Watch
Recordings, it's smooth sailing until you move to another menu.

I'm curious about the next release when we pick up code that
eliminates multiple copies of graphics in theme elements. Should make
a real difference given the xbox's memory constraints.

- George