[mythtv-users] FW:HD TV's Slow Addoption

Bradley Dorner bdorner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:31:25 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

>  **<http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.san&s=63061&Nid=31775&p=416179>Wow
> that figure blows me away it's so low. Basically if people replace their
> tv's every 5 years (eg 20% a year) then their is no 'rapid' deployment of HD
> sets, it's just the natural replacement cycle that is growing year on year
> as it normally would any other TV 'feature'.

I still own a TV that my wife and I bought 25 years ago and it works fine.
My newest TV is more then 5 years old, probably closer to 10 years. I buy
things when I need them and buy them for duration. With the price of
everything going up I bet it will be a few more years before I need, or will
buy, another TV.

I mean I have been dissapointed that out of the 400 or so channels here on
> Time Warner NY we only have about 20 or so in HD, but based on those figures
> I can see why networks aren't exactly rushing out to replace everything in
> HD.
>
> If I was forced to go to HD I would probably just stop watching TV. I do
have an HD tv card in my computer but I find little worth watching that
would validate the money that an HD TV would cost.

Just my opinion, but I know others that think the same.