[mythtv-users] Mooting architecture for a DataDirect replacement

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 27 06:30:55 UTC 2007

Steve Hodge wrote:

> You could make it so that updates only ever affect either one piece of
> data or all the data for a program. That way you're back to being able
> to apply updates correctly without keeping history or undo data, but it
> still covers most situations - I'd expect you'd usually either be
> replacing one program with another or changing only one or two things
> about a program.

As long as all updates for a particular entry come from the same source.  In
another post Jay pointed out that he didn't want to make that restriction.  So
we're back to having race conditions.

--
Peter Schachte              You may never know what results come of your
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        action, but if you do nothing there will be no