[mythtv-users] (Myth) Archive to hard disk

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 26 22:33:42 UTC 2007

Ma Begaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was searching for a possibility to archive recorded shows to hard
> disk and I thought that MythArchive is offering this. But I was wrong.
>
> My "I would like to" situation:
> I would like to archive manually a video to my LVM after recording
> (and commflagging) it.
>

> MythArchive offers a possibility to archive to DVD, but I have a big
> LVM and Myth can write to it. I have to do this manually, but it would
> great if I could do it through a menu in mythtv.
>
> Is there a possibility to do this with MythTv? Maybe with user-jobs (I
> never used this feature)? I read

Look at myth_archive_job.pl (not to be confused with "MythArchive").

I use it manually to move recordings to a different directory, I'm sure
you could cobble up some way to do it in an automated way.

The script is pretty self-explanatory, well written and commented. I
can't recall the author, but my thanks to him again.

BEWW