[mythtv-users] Streaming Radio - Native Support

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:35:28 UTC 2007

Quick question... I understand that the devs have their reasons, and
I'm OK with that.  Just curious if anyone can speak to why their isn't
any native support for streaming radio (and maybe TV) in mythmusic.  I
know mythstream is an unofficial plugin, but it doesn't appear to be
actively developed anymore (or very little at least).

Any reasoning why this sort of functionality doesn't come
"out-of-the-box" with myth or mythmusic?  I've started to use the
streaming functionality in iTunes lately and really enjoy it as it
allows me to discover some new music that I wouldn't have otherwise
probably have heard.

Anyway, this is by no means a complaint or criticism.  Just curious if
there was a specific reasoning, or if it's simply the fact that
someone hasn't gotten around to it yet?  If that's the case, perhaps
the author of mythstream would be willing to contribute his efforts
into adding that functionality in.  I also thought someone else had a
little hack for mythmusic way back in the day for this kind of stuff,
maybe FM radio too.

I did find this thread, where Isaac mentions his interest for such a
feature: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/27146?search_string=streaming%20internet%20radio;#27146

I also know some folks are working on streaming XM and sirius, but
these seems to be more hacks as well.

Anyway, just thinking of how to make a great tool even greater.

Thanks!
Matt