[mythtv-users] Frontend has Xinerama options the Backend doesn't

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Jun 26 20:12:38 UTC 2007

How come under Utilities/Setup->Setup->Appearance on the second page my
Frontend system has an option for choosing the Xinerama screen and
Aspect Ratio, where as my Backend doesn't? Both are F7 systems, both
running the same SVN packages from ATrpms.

My Backend (which doubles as an occasional frontend) has two CRT
monitors that I'd like to be running with a single desktop across both
monitors. Currently if I start X with Xinerama enabled mythfrontend
crashes before even starting. If I disable Xinerama (X has two separate
desktops) then everything runs fine. I can't help but think that *IF* my
Backend's setup pages showed the Xinerama option and I could specify a
screen, then maybe mythfrontend would run with Xinerama enabled.
I know I'm kind of nit picking here, I just prefer the one big desktop,
I like dragging windows between monitors when mythfrontend isn't running
on one.

The Frontend by the way, is a single LCD TV hooked up via DVI. There is
no mention of Xinerama in the xorg.conf on the Frontend, where as in the
Backend's xorg.conf I have a Xinerama 0 or 1 line to disable or enable.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?