[mythtv-users] Idea for Listings Data

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Mon Jun 25 14:58:59 UTC 2007

On Monday 25 June 2007 10:42, Thom Paine wrote:
> What if we used some sort of system similar to DNS? I'm sure some
> people would be willing to host some top level information and then
> break us down by area? Or a mix with time servers that have different
> stratum where only certain stratum can contact other stratum?

Neither DNS nor NTP would do the job; neither was intended to transfer records
as large as we're talking about. For something "similar to" these protocols,
but designed to transfer files of the size we're discussing, it starts to
look a lot like Usenet or a P2P network, which is why the discussion on this
topic has focused on those two options so far.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com