[mythtv-users] Idea for Listings Data

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:42:57 UTC 2007

What if we used some sort of system similar to DNS? I'm sure some
people would be willing to host some top level information and then
break us down by area? Or a mix with time servers that have different
stratum where only certain stratum can contact other stratum? One that
propagates down to all the different channels in the list. Each end
user would have to assign their channels to the numbers of their
machines for an area, but for subscribers who use Expressvu or Dish or
Directv it would be all the same. We could run a service on the
machine similar to named and it would keep some sort of a database in
sync.

You could have it perform a sync before a recording on that channel to
make sure the data is correct and then perform some sort of a nightly
sync like DD had us doing with the scheduled update?

I dunno, this is just an idea for a distributed environment.

--
-=/>Thom