[mythtv-users] Zap2It fiasco - what can we as users do?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jun 24 17:50:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 02:55:33PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Michael Jones wrote:
>

> > Actually, if I recall a conversation I had with him recently, he has
> > intimate personal knowledge of the stations scheduling system,
> > databases, and so-on in the station.. so unfortunately your
> > assurances aren't of much use to me at this point in time.
>
> Sorry if I missed that you were commenting that we should just wait.
> These threads are getting so nuts that it's hard for me to remember who
> said what.
>
> I'm sure your CE friend does know all that you say. What he probably
> doesn't have is the authority to make deals to share the info etc.

	We may find that the idea of an alternate to TMS guide data
gets much better traction within the PBS crowd. If that happens, even
just working out the process for aggregating PBS only guide data could
be useful for helping engineer a more comprehensive solution. Plus, if
we already had a working mechanism commercial stations would probably
be more inclined to take us serious and cooperate with us.

	Now it's just a bunch of speculation on a mailing list.