[mythtv-users] recording to dvd

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 24 13:04:22 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> < snip >
>
>>> The recordings are in mpeg2, I think and I have Avidemux with which I
>>> must experiment more because I have loss of sync between video and sound
>>> even though I cut at key frames. I was hoping to be able to use the
>>> editing tools within Mythtv.
>

>> I think what you need is the MythArchive plugin.
>
> I have that and believe I know how to use the editing procedure. This
> produces edited programmes which play back in the as edited form
> successfully. What I am seeking is how to maintain that form when
> burning to dvd because, when I do the burn the bits edited out are
> appearing on the dvd.

Sorry to jump in in the middle here, but I think I might know what your
problem is.

If you're using the in-built editing, then, after you have edited out
the comms, you then have to run a transcode job to actually do the cuts,
otherwise they are simply "flagged" and understandable only to Myth.

In other words, after hitting "E", then "Z", you have to do an "X" while
viewing, which will start the transcode job, at the end of which you
will have a commercial-less video.

This assumes, of course, that your transcode parameters are set up
correctly.

BEWW