[mythtv-users] OT: The Good Old Days

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jun 22 14:45:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:37:38AM -0500, Trey Thompson wrote:
>    I managed and then started an ISP back in 1995-1996.  There was this weird
>    thing that this company used to distribute messages.  It was something like
>    NNTP?  Jay, what do you think about that?

95-96 is about when I, too, was the chief for a small 40-50 modem ISP
in Largo Florida -- our entire uplink was a 256Kbps Frame Relay
backhaul to our parent company in Texas -- and that was *enough*.

Right up until iPhone happened.  The first one.  :-)

UDP doesn't participate in TCP flow control on a link.

Cheers,
-- jra