[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jun 21 17:51:02 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance.. or simple lack of experience..
> but...
>
> Doesn't XMLTV depend on information from TMS as well?

The DataDirect grabber does but XMLTV existed and worked long before that
was around.  Scraping the screens of any site will generate the data you're
looking for.  Scraping TMS' site will obviously give you the most and
they'll be back in the same position they were in before fighting the
scrapers but then it seems now they lack even the resources to provide data
direct so I have my doubts if there will be many resources devoted to
combatting scrapers.

Kevin