[mythtv-users] Mooting architecture for a DataDirect replacement

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 21 01:31:27 UTC 2007

Michael Jones wrote:
> Rather than creating a downloadable, encrypted file which must be
> downloaded in its entirety why not create an SQL database which
> tracks the programs on in a specific market.   Have the Mythtv Log
> into this database query for that system's market and only update
> records which need updating?

That would imply redesigning the way that MythTV keeps track of shows.
Works great in a market where you have episode serial numbers (for lack
of a better term), but not when you're limited to EIT data or other
sources where information is of mixed accuracy (e.g. show/episode stay
the same but description changes).

Personally, I'd love to see something like this, since it'd make for a
relatively cleaner MythTV database, too.  So, I guess, don't worry too
much that any new system done by the devs will at least have input from
me, and I'd like to aim for something the community can update/maintain
to enhance/correct show descriptions, etc.  I'm fed up with inaccuracies
in TMS data, tv.com info, etc., and would love to see something at least
partially driven by the community.

-Chris