[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 20 19:34:15 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:40:29AM -0500, Mark Phillip wrote:
>> I run a startup that licenses data from TMS.  The first quote they gave
>> me was $12,000 a month for all channels for all states in the U.S.
>> Canada costs extra.  Thankfully my site is a Sports/TV mashup, so I
>> don't need the full data set, but it's still very expensive.
>
> The data would be the cheap part.  Unless you did something smarter
> than centralized servers.
>
> *Has* anyone called Google?

If anyone had the first thing Google would do would be to attempt to
contact TMS. As was pointed out this could do nothing but confuse and
delay the efforts of the developers.

The devs have done quite well by us so far, why is everybody trying to
grab the yoke now that things might get sticky.

Just let them do what they think is necessary, and let us know about it
when and if "it is ready", just like they have done before, with great
results.