[mythtv-users] EIT data

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Jun 20 18:12:04 UTC 2007

Given all the discussion around Zap2it today, I was thinking that maybe
looking into using EIT would be a good thing. However, I am having
trouble coming up with answers to some of my questions. If anyone out
there can fill me in, I'll consolidate the answers and ensure they make
it into the Wiki's EIT page.

Here goes...

1) Is EIT information available for analog channels, or is it only
available in DVB/ATSC/MPEG-(TS? PS?) streams?

2) For non-satellite transmissions, does each channel have to be tuned
to gather EIT? Can it be gathered per-Transport Stream, or does each
channel have to be tuned individually?

3) Do some cable providers perform some sort of aggregation like the
satellite providers?

	Thanks!

	 --Matt