[mythtv-users] pdatranscode volume for PSP

MythTV mythtv at pearsall.us
Tue Jun 19 00:15:40 UTC 2007

I've been using pdatranscode to the PSP and it works great!  Just the
automation I was looking for.

My one problem is increasing the volume.  I'm using the stock command from
pdatranscode.pl:
'psp' => 'mencoder -aid 0 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of lavf -lavcopts
aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=300:acodec=aac -af
lavcresample=24000:volume=10.1:0 -vf harddup -lavfopts
format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -vf
scale={scale} -o {outfile} {infile} -quiet',
);

and I've played with the "volume=10.1:0" option.  If I understand it
correctly then changing from 10.1 to 40 should be max volume, but since no
changes have an impact I'm wrong somewhere along the way,

volume[=v:sc]
Select the output volume level. This filter is not reentrant and can
therefore only be enabled once for every audio stream.
v: desired gain in dB for all channels in the stream. The gain can be set
from -200dB to +40dB (where -200dB mutes the sound completely and +40dB
equals a gain of 1000).
sc: enable soft clipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,