[mythtv-users] pdatranscode volume for PSP

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Tue Jun 19 02:35:46 UTC 2007

I just solved this same issue.  The recording were always too low and I
could hardly hear them on the airplanes.

I updated my command line to:
mencoder -aid 0 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of lavf -lavcopts aglobal=1:vgl
obal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=280:acodec=aac -af lavcresample=24000:volume=20
-vf harddup -lavfopts
format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -
vf scale=368:208 -o {outfile} {infile} -quiet

This is working for me, since I was originally at 30, but had to tone it
down a bit, too much distortion.  I am still playing with the setting.

HTH,
Dave