[mythtv-users] nforce4 and AC3 SPDIF passtrough - anybody ?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:18:46 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Scott Alfter <mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org> wrote:

> jason maxwell wrote:
> > I use passthrough to the optical out on my  NF4 chipset, and it works
> like a
> > charm. I followed the HOWTO linked here.
>
> Have you had any issues with sound periodically dropping out?  With my
> setup,
> it'll go for 20-30 minutes or so and then the receiver will click out of
> and
> back into AC3 mode.  I end up losing several seconds of audio when this
> happens.  It'd be nice to lose the USB S/PDIF dongle I'm using, but right
> now
> it works properly and the motherboard audio doesn't.

The only sound related problem I have is that most of my videos are mixed
louder than the recorded shows from my HDHR, and I always forget to adjust
the volume on the reciever accordingly. Not really a problem, just an
annoyance.
Do you get anything in the system or myth logs to help you find out why
sound would drop like that?
-J