[mythtv-users] Linking against libXvMCW or libXvMC ?

Steven Sartorius ssartor at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jun 10 14:29:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I built mythtv from source (svn 20.1-fixes) the other day and looking
at mythfrontend with ldd I see the binary is linked against both
libXvMC and libXvMCW.  I do have /etc/XvMCConfig set up with /usr/lib/
libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 so I'm assuming that linking against
libXvMCW is really linked against the Nvidia library.  My question is
why am I also linking against libXvMC ?  Is this the library that
would have been installed when I installed Xorg ?

Confused....

thanks,

Steve