[mythtv-users] Frontend Upgrade

GARETH GLACCUM gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Mon Jun 18 14:20:23 UTC 2007

      I would recomend going o the AMD website, fining the processor SKU for the current draw/power dissipation and frequency that you want, and then search for that. However, you should note that a lot of the lower power, (at least the LP opterons) are intended for the embedded market, and may not be available to us end-users.
  Gareth

  --------
  1) I run diskless, and prefer as little noise as possible.  I know that AMD makes a low power CPU that can be passivly cooled, but I've had trouble finding one from any of the normal search engines.  (It's hard to put 15watts in the search).  So -- does anyone have a link for a CPU / MB combo that can be passivly cooled?  Built in video would also be nice -- as long as the whole combo can keep up with HD video playback.  So -- does anyone have any newegg or other online vendor links?