[mythtv-users] ivtv capture is good, but mythtv hoses it

Aaron Nauman mtense at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 01:47:00 UTC 2007

> > > I am running ivtv 0.10.3 on PVR 350 and PVR 150 on fc6 2.6.20.  If I
run a
> > > capture test with cat
> > >
> > > cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg
> > >
> > > The capture looks great.  If I start mythtv and watch live tv, I get
jitter.
> > >  Every couple of seconds the video pauses for a second of so.
> >
> >  In MythTV, what resolution/bitrate do you have set for your LiveTV
> >  profile for MPEG2 Hardware Encoders? If you change the resolution for
> >  LiveTV to 720x480 do things improve?
>
> Thanks for the reply Nick.
>
> I am running with the default settings: 480 x 480 with 368K bitrate.  I
tried 720 x 480 and get no improvement.

> I have tested my hard drive and it is getting good throughput.  Any other
ideas?

> Thanks,
> Aaron

I have tried changing the resolution and bitrate settings around, with no
improvement.
I am getting some "NVP: prebuffering pause" messages.
I tried output through PVR-350, but still have the jitter, so I am pretty
sure it is on capture.

I have read through the troubleshooting sections on ivtv and mythtv and
everything else I can find with google and haven't found anything that makes
a difference.  And that includes rebuilding the machine from scratch.  I am
really worried that I am going to have an expensive doorstop on my hands,
unless someone can help get me on the right track.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Aaron