[mythtv-users] Overscan

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Jun 14 21:05:06 UTC 2007

Is there any way of changing overscan on an NVidia 'chip' for just the
Vertical (i.e. large horizontal black bar at top and bottom of the screen).
Using the nvidia-settings program the whole screen is 'zoomed', and I loose
a lot of the sides to bring it to a suitable size.
The motherboard is an AMD CSIP version 1 motherboard from Gigabyte, VGA:
00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge
(rev a2)
The motherboard comes with a dongle to attach to the TVout port to split the
output to composite, but has no usable controls. The output from the
computer actually appears to have the grey bars on the TV out, but is not
there on the LCD screen if I attach via a standard VGA lead.
Xorg has:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Device0"
        Driver      "nvidia"