[mythtv-users] Fedora 7, is all in order yet?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Jun 13 15:29:25 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 10:05:04 Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > No, this happens only at package installation time. But maybe I should
> > > add it to the nvidia-graphics-switch.
> >
> > I noticed my yum update had a nvidia-graphics-helper package pulled from
> > atrpms-bleeding last night. Just thought I'd let you know after that
> > upgrade the 3 lines mentioned above were no longer in my xorg.conf.
>
> What? That shouldn't be the case, the opposite was the intention. :/
>
> But the nvidia-graphics-helper package upgrade itslef would not touch
> any config files at all. Maybe you are mistaken? Either there was more
> that was upgraded, or the changes in the config file are not form that
> upgrade?

there was also a xorg-x11-server package update that was released around the
same time and may have screwed the xorg.conf file.  it did for me, and i'd
log into kde and after a minute or so, my xsession would quit.  i reinstalled
the nvidia-atrpms related packages and presto, it works.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E