[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Tuning Problems

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:48:20 UTC 2007

Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Rick and Daniel:
>
> Rick wrote:
>> I then added a record to dtv_multiplex copying most of the stuff, the
>> new record had an mplexid of 77 (the next sequentially available one).
>> The only difference was the mplexid and the sisstandard had 'mpeg'
>
> I tried what you suggested Rick, I created a new dtv_multiplex record with a
> new mplexid and sistandard set to 'mpeg'. I then set mplexid on the channel
> I'm having problems with to the new dtv_multiplex ID. I restarted both
> mythbackend and mythfrontend.
>
> No luck. Mythfrontend still won't tune this channel. The message at the bottom
> of the screen is "(LAm) Partial Lock".
>
> What does the lowercase 'm' signify?
>
> Kirk Bocek

Hi Kirk,

What did your hdhomerun scan return for the offending channel?  Also,
from what I understand, quick tune will cause mythtv to pass the tuning
"request" to hdhomerun without attempting to do it by itself.  Quick
tuning is only available from the svn trunk (I think).  For example, I'm
running 0.20-fixes branch and I don't have quick tuning.

As a test, I temporarily upgraded to the trunk, turned on quick-tune and
mythtv found the missing channel.  This was *without* me having to
manually enter that record into the dtv_multiplex table.  Personally, I
didn't want to run trunk so I restored my db back to what it was in the
fixes branch and went from there.  For you, it might be worthwhile to
try that approach... if nothing else it might help narrow the problem
down a bit.  Of course, back up your database before attempting cause
once you go forward, you can't go back again.

Rick