[mythtv-users] Command Line Options for frontend? Channel Editor?

Jonas stibbons at web.de
Tue Jun 12 23:00:08 UTC 2007

Hiho :)

Got a shiny new Myth-TV server/client setup and its working pretty well
already on a pretty low-end backend (so thanks from me as well).

Still got a couple of questions of course:

Myth-TV frontend runs nicely fullscreen and window but changing from one
to the other via setupmenu is a pain.

Is there a way to give Myth the resolution and window-option via
commandline or, alternatively, point myth to a different setup, so i
only have to create 2 small scripts to have myth start both ways?
Any other solution that gets my task done is also appreciated :)

Second one:

is there some easy way to edit channels? The backend-editor is a bit
uncomfy if you have many channels.

Is there an way to export the full scan of everything to a channels.conf
(aka is there a script to get that info out of the database into a
channels.conf?) so I may simply edit the channels.conf to my liking?
Shouldn't be hard if you know your way around mysql, unfortunately my
knowledge is quite limited, wich is why I's like to refrain from messing
inside the tables directly (which is still more comfortable than sorting
in the backend).

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Jonas