[mythtv-users] Fedora 7, is all in order yet?

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Mon Jun 11 17:57:55 UTC 2007

Calvin Dodge wrote:
> Re Fedora 7:
>
> On my TV-out box (uses Livna Nvidia 96xx driver), X crashed as soon as
> mythfrontend started.  Switching to the last FC6 kernel didn't help,
> but wiping and reinstalling FC6 did.
>
> On my laptop (Nvidia Go 420 using "nv" driver), mythfrontend runs
> fine, but kills X when exiting the program.
>
> On my server, (embedded GeForce 6100 using "nv" driver) mythfrontend
> has no problems at all (and I'm recording just fine using the ATrpms
> with my PVR-500).
>
> Calvin

Yeah, at home for lunch now testing nv VS nvidia modules, either way
things don't work right. So I'd say Fedora 7 is NOT "all in order" in
response to the OP's question, at least not when it comes to nvidia+myth.

As to the Fedora HOWTO site, I'm sure Jarod needs time to update,
however with his last update suggests he'd rather everyone just use
Mythdora. Which I may do in the future, I just wanted to play with some
F7 stuff on this frontend that I also use for a desktop.

Cheers
Mike