[mythtv-users] arrow keys

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jun 10 13:31:11 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 12:12 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> norman wrote:
>>
>>> < skip >

>> OK, I meant within the frontend, Utilities/Setup > Setup > Media
>> Settings >  etc..  Usually you can retreat within the menu, so see what
>> you can find :-)
>>

> I think that I'm making progress. Went to Find Files to Archive ->
> Select Files then selected the folder which contained 4 .mjpeg files
> which showed up in a list. These were ticked and exited with OK.
>
> Do these files class as video files? If so, should they now appear in
> Input Video Files because they don't?
>
> Norman

I think you are confusing MythArchive with MythVideo they are completely
separate plugins.

MythArchive is used to create DVD's while MythVideo is used to catalog
and play video files stored on your hard drive.

To use MythVideo you first have to tell it where on your drive you store
your video files. You do that on MythVideo's settings pages. Then you go
to MythVideo's Video Manager screen which will scan the location you set
in the setting for video files.

Paul H.