[mythtv-users] Basic LVM question

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Sun Jun 10 03:08:41 UTC 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brett Kosinski
  To: Discussion about mythtv
  Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 11:03 AM
  Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Basic LVM question

  Anyway, I expanded my LVM recently by firing up the 'lvm' tool on the command-line and doing a pvcreate on the new device, followed by a vgextend to add the new physical volume to the volume group, and lastly an lvextend (I actually used the lvextend command-line tool, as it's more flexible in how the sizes can be specified) to expand my myth logical volume to fill the newly-available space.  This was all done while MythTV was running.  Once that was done, I shut down mythbackend, umounted my myth partition, did a resize2fs on the filesystem.  After that, it's a simple matter to remount and restart mythbackend, and voila!  More space.

  Okay so I have finally gotten the partition unmounted. What exactly should I do the resize2fs on? the LVMGroup? or the /dev/sda1 drive itself?

  JS