[mythtv-users] running MythTV as a regular user.

Philip Stubbs stuphi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 23:19:56 UTC 2007

On 09/06/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/06/07, Philip Stubbs <stuphi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have just installed MythTV and am really happy with it. However, I
> > would like to run MythTV as a regular user, and in a window if
>
> There's nothing stopping you. The backend server can be run as root or

Ok, I hold my hand up to acting the noob!! All I needed to do was go
to the settings page and tick the right box, and I am running in a
window.

What I am still to work out is how can I switch between running in a
small window that I can push to one side that will allow me to do
other stuff and keep one eye on the TV, and running full screen for
when something good comes on.

BTW, in case it matters, I am using Ubuntu, and the MythTV packages
that come with 7.04

--
Philip Stubbs