[mythtv-users] Video source not putting channels into guide

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:55:32 UTC 2007

> Joe Borne wrote:
> > I have three separate video sources set up in my mythtv box.
> >
> > 1. Analog Cable, accepting analog cable through the tuner - uses video
> > source "analog" and has the capture card configured to use
> > "/dev/video1" and "tuner1".
> >
> > 2. Firewire, accepting digital cable via firewire from the STB DCT
> > 6416 - uses video source "Digital Cable".
> >
> > 3. S-Video, accepting svideo output of digital cable from the DCT 6416
> > - uses video source "Digital Cable 5C".
> >

> > The problem is with #3. Although I have gone over the setup with a
> > fine tooth comb, I can't find what's wrong. No matter what I do, I get
> > no channel listings in the guide for the channels handled by the
> > S-Video input. I've forced the input to retrieve the channel data from
> > the source in mythtv-setup, and I've performed multiple
> > mythfilldatabase operations with and without "--do-channel-updates.
> >
> > I can tune to the channels and watch them, there's just no guide data
> > so I can't schedule recordings etc.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a solution? My only next step is to delete the
> > input and re-create it in the hopes it forces the data to load.
>
> How many lineups do you have defined at zap2it? You will have to have a
> separate lineup defined for each input. If you try to share the Digital
> Cable lineup it will not work. The way zap2it works is they delete any
> channels from their lineup that you do not use so when you run the
> firewire lineup it deletes all your 5c channels from your lineup so that
> when you run the 5C data fill there are no channels listed at zap2it.
> When I was running 3 lineups I had to have 2 zap2it accounts defined.
> The 3rd lineup used the second account.

I actually have three lineups defined at zap2it with separate
logins/passwords for each channel lineup. This arrangement worked perfectly
for a month or so, then I tried to add a channel to the S-Video lineup.
After that everything got messed up. I've done too many things to be able to
accurately give you a log. But I can verify the above state is as I
described.