[mythtv-users] Video source not putting channels into guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 8 14:41:39 UTC 2007

On 06/08/2007 10:15 AM, Joe Borne wrote:
> I have three separate video sources set up in my mythtv box.
>
> 1. Analog Cable, accepting analog cable through the tuner - uses
> video source "analog" and has the capture card configured to use
> "/dev/video1" and "tuner1".
>
> 2. Firewire, accepting digital cable via firewire from the STB DCT
> 6416 - uses video source "Digital Cable".
>
> 3. S-Video, accepting svideo output of digital cable from the DCT
> 6416 - uses video source "Digital Cable 5C".
>

> The problem is with #3. Although I have gone over the setup with a
> fine tooth comb, I can't find what's wrong. No matter what I do, I
> get no channel listings in the guide for the channels handled by the
> S-Video input. I've forced the input to retrieve the channel data
> from the source in mythtv-setup, and I've performed multiple
> mythfilldatabase operations with and without "--do-channel-updates.
>
> I can tune to the channels and watch them, there's just no guide data
> so I can't schedule recordings etc.
>
> Can anyone suggest a solution? My only next step is to delete the
> input and re-create it in the hopes it forces the data to load.

Do you have a separate DataDirect lineup for each of the three video
sources?  Right now, Myth does not support sharing a lineup among video
sources.  You may need to create another DataDirect account or use
another zip code when selecting a cable provider to add the lineup to
your existing account.

Mike