[mythtv-users] People who have a PVR-150, recording SDTV, playback on a TV and use Nvidia TV card (s-video)

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:50:39 UTC 2007

> I tried this and verified my settings.
>
> I had the recording jobs set to 640 x 480, but changed it to 720 x 480 to
> see
> what would happen.  I recorded South park last night, and again found that
> during fast motion of bright colors, tearing would happen.
>
> Maybe tearing isn't what it's doing.  It looks like really big
> interlacing,
> (instead of every other line.)  I am watching this on a TV.  I shouldn't
> even need to use Myth's deinterlacing feature to begin with, right?  What
> could be wrong...

And you are. :)  Because PC video is inherently progressive, internally, the
video is treated as such, and the video card generates an interlaced signal
for display.  This means, amusingly, that Myth must deinterlace the video,
to get a proper progressive image, and the video card then interlaces the
result when it sends it to your TV.

Brett.