[mythtv-users] Any DVB-T card that can be used with a VCR?

David Segall david at segall.net
Wed Jun 6 16:23:42 UTC 2007

I have a DVICO DVB-T Plus and a Winfast DTV1000 T. Although they both
accept a video input signal from the VCR that can be processed by MythTV
they seem to rely on a direct connection between the VCR and the sound
card for audio (the DVICO card includes an internal cable for the
connection). The inevitable result is that, by the time MythTV has
processed the video signal, the video and audio are out of synch.

I would like to play video tapes and transfer them to DVD. Has anyone
managed to do that? Ideally with one of the above cards but I am willing
to buy a new DVB-T card to obtain this facillity.