[mythtv-users] Hauppauge IR remote types (compatibility)

Brad patterbt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 14:45:52 UTC 2007

I am going to be be buying a Hauppauge PVR-150 soon, and there are 2 different types of models that I am looking at (that include a remote control).  The first model is Hauppauge #1062, which is referred to as the "MCE kit" and it comes with a "MCE remote".  The other model is Hauppauge #1045, which is a non-MCE version and comes with a "Hauppauge remote."

My question is this: Do either of these remotes have specific advantages or disadvantages as far as their linux compatibility is concerned?  I have heard stories of people having trouble getting the MCE version remote working in MythTV, and I want to be sure before I purchase.

Here is a link to a comparison that shows the 2 models I am speaking of: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/compare/compare_pvr.html

Thanks,
Brad