[mythtv-users] Hauppauge IR remote types (compatibility)

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Jun 6 15:14:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 07:45 -0700, Brad wrote:
> I am going to be be buying a Hauppauge PVR-150 soon, and there are 2
> different types of models that I am looking at (that include a remote
> control).  The first model is Hauppauge #1062, which is referred to as
> the "MCE kit" and it comes with a "MCE remote".  The other model is
> Hauppauge #1045, which is a non-MCE version and comes with a
> "Hauppauge remote."
>
> My question is this: Do either of these remotes have specific
> advantages or disadvantages as far as their linux compatibility is
> concerned?  I have heard stories of people having trouble getting the
> MCE version remote working in MythTV, and I want to be sure before I
> purchase.

I've got both - one in each of my backend/frontend combos - they work
fine with LIRC as far as receiving signals.  I don't do any IR blasting
though, so YMMV...

I must say that I vastly prefer the USB-connected IR receiver though -
as it seems to have a better range of receiving (as well as being better
at receiving on an angle)

	-I