[mythtv-users] Problem with mythfrontend on Fedora 7

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:34:33 UTC 2007

I upgraded to Fedora 7 a couple of days ago, and have encountered one
weirdness and one definite problem running the frontend program.

The weirdness occurs on my Toshiba laptop with GeForce4 420 Go video.
It displays programs just fine, but after telling the frontend to
"exit now", the X session is abruptly ended, and I end up at the login
screen.

The problem occurs on our dedicated client computer, using the Livna
nvidia-96xx driver (the only way I know to get TV-out from an Nvidia
card). On that system the X server crashes as soon as the frontend is
started. In that case I finally wiped the drive and reinstalled Core
6, and that system is working just fine now.

Selinux is disabled on both systems, so it's unlikely that's the
culprit. My Mythtv installs are all from the ATrpms repository, FWIW
(20.1-153 is the frontend version number).

Has anyone else experienced either of these problems? If so, is there
some configuration change I need to make? Or do I need to kick this
problem over to the mythtv-dev list?

Calvin Dodge