[mythtv-users] wake-on-lan from S3 (suspend to ram) with Asus M2N32-SLI

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:56:50 UTC 2007

I am using /proc/acpi/alarm and it was working great. It wakes up the
computer from S3 (suspend to ram) and S5 (shutdown).

I do not use S4 (suspend to disk) because suspend to ram is much
faster and it is working without any problems at all.

Wake-On-Lan wakes it up from S5, but not from S3.

> My experience is that I can get my Asus A8N to respond to wakeonlan
> packets when it is suspended to ram (S3 Sleep), but not when it is
That is not working for me.

I will try to disable RTC alarm, maybe RTC alarm is blocking it. Or
maybe make a BIOS upgrade.

M.