[mythtv-users] wake-on-lan from S3 (suspend to ram) with Asus M2N32-SLI

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:33:41 UTC 2007

What method of Wake with alarm are you using? Are you setting the
clock manually through the BIOS (the RTC Alarm?), using NVRAM-Wakeup
to set it, or using the ACPI alarm functions (/proc/acpi/alarm)?  Also
when you say suspend, do you mean suspended to ram, or suspended to
disk?

My experience is that I can get my Asus A8N to respond to wakeonlan
packets when it is suspended to ram (S3 Sleep), but not when it is
suspended to disk.  Oddly enough it wakes up on lan from a normal
shutdown.  This is using the ACPI alarm, I have the RTC alarm disabled
in the BIOS.