[mythtv-users] Comcast PDX / HDHomeRun QAM / Public Broadcasting (OPB) Changed frequencies

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Sat Jun 2 22:34:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:59:40AM -0700, Jon Boehm wrote:

> Over the last two weeks I've noticed that programs recorded off of 10.1 and
> 10.2, local public broadcasting, have not recorded and this corrupts the
> next HD show to be recorded after the OPB show too, (not sure why that is
> happening.)  This morning I found root cause for the OPB part of this issue.
> It appears that the Comcast frequencies for Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR
> have changed for 10.1 and 10.2.  When I manually tune to those channels in
> Live TV, HDHomeRun fails to get a lock.  I only assume that they have moved.
>
> Now my questions.  Is there a way to do a APPEEND TO ONLY channel scan?
> Setting up the channels the first time was a pain.  I would prefer not to
> have to manually edit the call signs and lineup number for all of the
> channels again.  As it is I still have ~30 channels all labeled as
> JEWLERY_TV.  They are actually public access channels where the closest
> channel number with a name is JEWLERY_TV.

I finally fixed this on my system. I don't know anything about HDHomeRun,
nor about the potential for an append channel scan. Per post on the hd
forum (you probably saw it) I also didn't want to delete the channel and
resscan - that would probably also add in the myriad shopping and public
access channels.

I scanned using atscscan with the us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256
file, and found KOPB HD had moved from frequency 621000000 id 60 to
561000000 and id 13.

I don't know how the mplexid's are set, 142 maps to 561000000 in my
database.

So, the the sql to update my mythtv database on my system was:

	update channel set mplexid='142', serviceid='13' where channum='710';

Here is some saved output if you are weak on mysql and mythtv database,
this is after I'd fixed it, so the mplexid was already at 142 and didn't
change:

mysql> select mplexid, frequency from dtv_multiplex where frequency=561000000;
+---------+-----------+
| mplexid | frequency |
+---------+-----------+
|     142 | 561000000 |
+---------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select chanid, channum, mplexid, serviceid from channel where channum=710;
| chanid | channum | mplexid | serviceid |
|   1710 | 710     |     142 |        13 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update channel set mplexid='142', serviceid='13' where channum='710';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0