[mythtv-users] Any recomendations for a wireless keyboard

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 00:17:36 UTC 2007

On 02/06/07, Adilson Oliveira <adilson at adilson.net> wrote:
> As I'm going to USA next week, I was thinking if someone there could
> give me tip about a good keyboard to use with MythTV.
> I want it to be wireless, have an integrated mouse/trackball and, if
> possible, glow in the dark.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Adilson.

Hi, I have tried a number of different wireless keyboards and the only
one that I have been completely happy with is a Logitech DiNovo Edge.

It is expensive but very nice...
Features:
 * Wireless Bluetooth
 * Doesn't require drivers, works at bootup (in BIOS etc)
 * Has a trackpad for mouse that works in later Xorg servers (Feisty)
 * Is rechargeable and comes with a desktop stand/charger
 * The keys don't glow in the dark
 * Is a great looking and feeling keyboard
 * Has great range, it works plugged into the back of my Myth PC in
the cabinet from another room (the other end of the house).
 * It keeps this range as the desktop stand keeps the lithium battery charged
 * The stand means the keyboard takes up less room on a coffee table
as it sits vertically

In case you are wondering I am very happy with it ;)

My wife was dubious about spending so much on the keyboard, especially
after going through 3-4 other keyboards. But I would have been better
off buying the Logitech first, my wife is very happy with this one.

HTH,

Roo