[mythtv-users] Any recomendations for a wireless keyboard

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:55:40 UTC 2007

On 02/06/07, David Segall <david at segall.net> wrote:

> James Buckley wrote:
> > On 01/06/07, *Mike LaPlante* <mike at dividia.net
> > <mailto:mike at dividia.net>> wrote:
> >

> > you can even buy the Microsoft MCE Keyboard. There's some drivers
> > floating around that allow it to work, the keyboard and mouse work as a
> > normal HID input device, and the extra MCE keys get passed to LIRC. I
> > Wouldn't get it unless your willing to get a little dirty with driver
> > compilation, but otherwise I like the keyboard a lot (however I don't
> > really use the mouse part). I'd read some reviews on it.
> Does this keyboard work as a normal keyboard before an operating system
> is loaded?

No, thats the only down side. The keyboard comes with an IR receiver. You
use a modified lirc mce receriver driver which hooks into the kernel with
uinput (I think). The driver itself filters off the IR commands for the keys
and mouse, and converts them to standard input, then it passes through the
mce keys.

It's not the easiest to set up, but I like the keyboard's style a lot.