[mythtv-users] Why does Myth HD channel scan miss some frequencies that HDhomerun gets?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 1 02:52:54 UTC 2007

Rick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a two parter (the first being more important) ...
>
> I just got an HDhomerun and can see incredible potential.  When I use
> the HDhomerun Gui, I can see a few channels that Myth appears to be
> missing from it's channel scan.  Can someone tell me how I can add it
> manually and what fields I need to update?
>
> The second part is more of a curiosity.  My TV has a QAM tuner in it.
> For some reason the frequencies it points to is slightly different than
> the ones that Myth points to.  For example, tuning the tv to '84.3'
> might give me ABC, but in myth it was scanned as '84.4'.  Why the slight
> discrepancy?

The channel scanning is broken in myth. Badly so. For some reason the
devs do not seem to be doing anything about it. Please report these
error in the trac system. Maybe if enough people bitch they will fix it.
I had to make a scan using the scan tool and then manually fix the
channels table to the correct values. I dont have time tonite to post
all the stuff I had to do to fix it but if you send me a email off-list
to remind me, I will detail the steps tomorrow when I have some time.

Good luck,
Bill

PS - Earlier tonite someone posted a message about a custom script to
fix the channels so that zap2it listings would be correctly imported.
You might want to check that out too.