[mythtv-users] Why does Myth HD channel scan miss some frequencies that HDhomerun gets?

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:26:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is a two parter (the first being more important) ...

I just got an HDhomerun and can see incredible potential.  When I use
the HDhomerun Gui, I can see a few channels that Myth appears to be
missing from it's channel scan.  Can someone tell me how I can add it
manually and what fields I need to update?

The second part is more of a curiosity.  My TV has a QAM tuner in it.
For some reason the frequencies it points to is slightly different than
the ones that Myth points to.  For example, tuning the tv to '84.3'
might give me ABC, but in myth it was scanned as '84.4'.  Why the slight
discrepancy?

Thanks!
Rick