[mythtv-users] Anyone managed to burn standard DVDs

Brian J. Stults bstults at fsu.edu
Tue Jul 31 14:24:22 UTC 2007

Ben Edwards wrote:
>>From what I can gather mytharchive does not work properly, it can not
> create reliable DVDs without lip sync problems.  Is there any other
> way of creating DVDs that can be played on normal DVD players?

A long time ago, before mytharchive, when the mythburn scripts were
being developed, people burning dvd's with files from any of the
Hauppauge PVR x50 cards would have audio-sync problems.  The sync would
get worse with each commercial cut.  The solution was to use projectx
for commercial cutting (as was suggested earlier in this thread).

This might explain why some have problems and others don't.  If this is,
indeed, the problem, it would only affect people using PVR x50 cards and
cutting commercials.

Perhaps see...