[mythtv-users] nova-s dvb-s pci

Simon Jones simon at saq.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 13:33:37 UTC 2007

Hi, I have myth configured with 2 x avaermedia dvb-t 177 pci cards and 1
x Hauppauge nova-s dbv-s.

The dvb-177's work fine and mythtv config was pretty easy but I'm having
trouble with the sat card, can anyone help?

I'm in the UK so tuning to Astra 2A 2B 2D & EuroBird 1, what should I
put in mythtv under Frequency and symbol rate?

I've picked the drivers up ok and hardware is ready to roll but I can't
figure out how to tune the card.  I got some info from
lyngsat.com/28east.html but I don't understand which numbers I'm meant
to use!

Surely I don't have to tune each channel individually, I would simply
like to do a full sweep and tune to whatever it picks up, then edit the
list later.

Thanks.

SMJ