[mythtv-users] problems with mythtv-setup

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jul 31 04:56:51 UTC 2007

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Robert Stuart wrote:
>
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> On Jul 28, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Robert Stuart wrote:

>>> Any ideas as to why I'm not seeing this setup menu?
<snip>

  > The problem with the cancel/next/previous buttons moving of the bottom
> of the screen is a different thing. One common cause is not running at
> 100dpi.

And another answer is that the TV screen is really only 720x480 in size,
so you are only seeing the top 480 lines, or so. Try setting the
computer to 640x480 while you run mythtv-setup. Then go into
mythfrontend settings and set the size to 720x480 if you do not run in a
window, and slightly less (about 10 pixels each way) if you run myth in
a window. Your record settings should be that size too. Then re-set the
computer screen size.

All of the above for Standard Def, of course...

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue