[mythtv-users] Anyone managed to burn standard DVDs

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Jul 31 00:12:27 UTC 2007

John Drescher wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From what I can gather mytharchive does not work properly, it can not
>> create reliable DVDs without lip sync problems.  Is there any other
>> way of creating DVDs that can be played on normal DVD players?
>>
> The lip sync in MythArchive works fine for me (I have probably used it
> a thousand times) as long as I do not use mythtranscode to cut
> commercials or as long as I do not try reencode. To cut commercials I
> use my own script uses projectX to do the cutting in batch and put
> those cut files back into myth.

I've also used MythArchive with no problems whatsoever.

I've seen what seemed to be audio lag (lip-sync issue), but only if I
tested the newly-burned DVD on my workstation using mplayer.  If I
played the DVD in my stand-alone DVD player by the TV, it played just fine.

If I go back later and play the DVD in my workstation again, it's fine.
  Not sure what's happening there, but it doesn't bother me enough to
research.