[mythtv-users] Any hope for 1080i content at 1080i with nVidia?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 19:08:23 UTC 2007

Being one of the unfortunate MythTV users with a RPCRT (1080i) display, I've
been around the block with the nVidia interlacing issues as discussed here:

Has anyone seen any sign indicating that some day nVidia might address this?
  There have been several threads on the nVidia Linux forum over the years,
and I've yet to see them acknowledge that there's even a problem.

I've just ended up settling for enabling kernel deinterlacing and accepting
it the way it is, but it really brings me down.  1080i content on my TV
should be breath-taking, but instead I have to settle for it being inferior
to 720p...not to mention deinterlacing doubles the CPU usage.

Tom