[mythtv-users] DVD .iso audio "stuttering"

Bryan Gonderinger bjg at gobgk.com
Sun Jul 29 22:22:56 UTC 2007

> Your system is not handling ac3 audio correctly. I think the
> required decoder is FAAC but am not 100% sure. Could be a
> passthru setting or a setting in your .asoundrc file too. Good luck
>
> Bill

Well, FAAC wasn't installed, but after yum install-ing it, I still had the
issue.  Your reply did help me refine my searches some - most of the info
was related to getting digital audio working (I need it to work via the
analog port).

Anyway, you were correct on the passthru setting - I had "AC3 to SPDIF
passthrough" checked - when I unchecked that, I now get the correct sound
out the analog port!  I never thought that would affect the analog output,
so never tried changing it.

Thanks for the quick reply - I've been messing around with this off and on
for quite a while, and while I'm a bit embarassed that it was something so
simple, I'm very glad to get it working right.

Thanks,
Bryan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:50 PM