[mythtv-users] Broadcast Solution

blackhat at disabledveteran.net blackhat at disabledveteran.net
Thu Jul 26 13:53:24 UTC 2007

Me always!  Persistence is only one of my characteristics!

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 12:25:16AM -0400, blackhat at disabledveteran.net wrote:
> I am trying to find a solution for a Veteran's Hospital to schedule
> and play videos on an internally broadcast TV channel...I've found a
> free (closed source) broadcast automation system, but it's difficult
> to use (and not open source).

You again?  :-)

Naw; if you're going to ack on something, hack on Rivendell, not Myth.

Though, frankly, for what you need to do, you could probably just hack
up a little loop script to call mplayer in fullscreen mode; you don't
much care about timing anyway, right?  Just that everything gets played
in sequence?

Just setup a drop directory, and have a script loop over it; name the
files

200707261000.mpg
200707261030.mpg
200707261100.mpg
200707261200.mpg

Or whatever seems appropriate for your situation.

Cheers,
- jra